Go down
Admin
View user profilehttp://dopetribe.forumotion.com

Week 3 Review

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:56 am
Please Post BOTH here and in your journal, unless of course you are Gethen, in which case, just keep up not posting at all.

Where did I go right this week?

How can I apply this to the coming week?

Where did I come up short this week?
How will I prevent this in the coming week? (note, there must be a strategy in play "I just won't do it again" or similar answers do not count)

What obstacles will I be facing next week?
- People
- Events
- Scheduling Conflicts
- Deadlines
- Personal

What do I plan on doing to address the obstacles?

When are partner phone calls this week?

Last edited by Admin on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

Re: Week 3 Review

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:41 pm
Admin wrote:Please Post BOTH here and in your journal, unless of course you are Gethen, in which case, just keep up not posting at all.

Not a whole lot of places. I made a lot of progress from a professional goals point of view, but not much of that directly involved anything from the cycle.

I have made quite a few modifications that I'm hoping will address these issues. I will continue to aggressively approach my professional goals.

Sleeping, eating, licensing, and avoiding routines

How will I prevent this in the coming week? (note, there must be a strategy in play "I just won't do it again" or similar answers do not count)
sleeping: I now have eight hours of bedtime set aside five days a week, and 7 1/2 minimum twice a week.
Eating: I am away from my mom's house.
Licensing: have incorporated a mission review into my routine.
Avoiding routines: I have dramatically simplified my routines

- People: nobody immediately stands out
- Events: I must apply for graduation this week, and I need to stop by a car dealership tomorrow
- Scheduling Conflicts: I do have relatively little free time during the week, but the simplified routine should help
- Deadlines: I must apply for graduation, and I must drop weight by the jujitsu tournament
- Personal: I am coming off of a three day dopamine binge, and will likely need a few days to recover.

– Apply for graduation tomorrow and visit the dealership in the afternoon after calling them
– set a hard stop at 8 PM and address anything left over in the morning
– increase ephedrine dosage this week
– keep sleep high

partner one: Friday a.m.
partner two: Thursday p.m.
View user profile

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:46 pm

I was pretty consistently productive on school/work minus the one morning I felt like a dragon.

Do the same thing with school- keep making priority lists as things get done, and just grind through them without giving any of it too much thought.

Oh geez, where to begin...ok, actually that's a bit dramatic. The main thing is I only got about 3 days of exercise, granted I was sick yesterday and it probably isn't bad that I kept activity low today too. Main diet shortfalls were the fact that I really didn't keep count of my calories after about 3PM every day.
I think overall, at the moment I feel pretty intensely like I'm just going through the motions- school and all the attention and time it's requiring are my life, and weight goals/food goals/everything else is a fuzzy afterthought. But systems seem to be set up well enough that I at least stay mostly within my boundaries even while on screensaver.

-Plan exercise for each day in advance
-Enter new dietdoctor recipes into app as I make them

- People- meeting with group of classmates to start planning this event thing. I don't like two of them, one of them in particular is a politician and tends to only be friendly to people he considers "cool"- no time for that shit. But I will be working with them.
- Events- practicum time tomorrow morning, need to get PPD read at clinic tomorrow AM as well, class until late monday and tuesday nights, meeting on Tuesday with group mentioned above, coffee with friend on Wednesday that may involve the option to order something sugary- I just won't.
- Scheduling Conflicts
- Deadlines- deadlines throughout this week and next that are very close together for papers, lit reviews, tests, and weekly mundane assignments.
- Personal- the weight of all the other stuff killing feelings of inspiration/motivation. Also the desire to spend time wishing I were somewhere else, like Europe or Antarctica, or Mars.

Lists, mindfulness, more lists, more mindfulness, reframing, eat at regular intervals.

Geth- Thursday 4PM
Peyt- n/a
View user profile

on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:55 am

Gym was solid, law school applications were generally accomplished. In general, stacking important stuff in the morning works wonderfully for me. Positive socialization on Saturday was also really good. Staying out of the apartment for extended periods of time was good.

Continue to stack important stuff in the morning after my morning routine and keep the momentum going. This means I probably shouldn't schedule meetings in the morning but, when I schedule afternoon meetings, they tend to get bumped by other attendees. Law stuff around lunch is an excellent routine.

Still overeating a bit. Even though I meal prepped, I haven't been particularly diligent on amounts of cream or coconut oil in coffee or shakes.
Unstructured Sunday was rough. Was building momentum through lunch, but once I downshifted from "this needs to be done" to "this would be nice if it were done," I just faffed about until bedtime.
Checking my phone too much during work.

Morning coffee at home is getting measured additions, coffee/tea outside of the home will be taken straight. Saturday brunch will consist of coffee. Will be meal prepping Tuesday evening.
Structure both Saturday and Sunday, and post that schedule/tasks to DT to aid partners and keep tasks in "need to do" mode.
AppBlocker is on, which kills notifications, but I am also running a pomodoro-style lock now.

- People
Visitors from the main office will be mucking about. Only lunch today should be required of me, but they may want to stop in to chat.

- Events
Office chili cookoff on Wednesday

- Scheduling Conflicts
UT Law Tour on Friday during work hours.

- Deadlines
I have a search deadline on the 31st.

- Personal
Not structuring my time during work hours is leading to decreased performance

Keep my noise-blocking setup running as usual, eat keto at lunch.
I'm bringing keto chili to the cookoff so I will have options regardless of what else is there.
I will be shortening my workout on Friday to squeeze a bit more work hour in to offset the time spent.
I have a search discussion set up for today to complete the search (pending decision of the assigning attorney).
Structure my workdays into time blocks. Today (Monday) is set up well, but there is too much unallocated time on subsequent days.

Peyton: 0630 CST Friday
Gethen: TBD
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum