Go down
Admin
View user profilehttp://dopetribe.forumotion.com

Week 2 review

on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:59 am
Please Post BOTH here and in your journal, unless of course you are Gethen, in which case, just keep up not posting at all.

Where did I go right this week?

How can I apply this to the coming week?

Where did I come up short this week?
How will I prevent this in the coming week? (note, there must be a strategy in play "I just won't do it again" or similar answers do not count)

What obstacles will I be facing next week?
- People
- Events
- Scheduling Conflicts
- Deadlines
- Personal

What do I plan on doing to address the obstacles?

When are partner phone calls this week?

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

Re: Week 2 review

on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:45 am
Please Post BOTH here and in your journal, unless of course you are Gethen, in which case, just keep up not posting at all.

– I was more consistent with following my routine, stayed on track with my diet, and did not let the weekend get the best me entirely.

– Every day, do the routine, and do not stay up late unless it advances my goals (and only on the weekends for this).

– Hit a couple of unhealthy faps and some infotainment.

How will I prevent this in the coming week? (note, there must be a strategy in play "I just won't do it again" or similar answers do not count)
– Cold showers for five minutes upon recognizing the physical tension that leads to the unhealthy faps. infotainment is addressed by recognizing that I have a mission to accomplish, and it is just a distraction from it. It also helps to view it for what it is, which is resistance.

- People: Coworkers who want to chat instead of work. Claire getting overwhelmed with her own tasks and not contributing to the group tasks.
- Events: Today, Claire has her board exam, and on Thursday we need to drive to Austin For Crispin to have his dental work done.
- Scheduling Conflicts: Claire and I need to determine when she has her meetings this week
- Deadlines: none
- Personal: wanting to skip out on BJJ because it involves actual work from me.

– Enforce the no talking policy in the lab, even among tutors. Talk with Claire if I notice her getting self centered. Do not plan for a free weekend. Ask Claire after she is done with her exams today when her meetings are (alarm set now). Let partners know if I skip the Jits.

- Today at 17:30 (Claire)
-Friday 0630 (Sorenson)
View user profile

on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:02 pm
Putting law school application work in the middle of the day.
Scheduling regular social interaction, both in person and over the phone.
Proactively blocking my phone during low willpower periods.
Putting things "away" rather than just "down."

Continue to knock out law school stuff in the middle of my day.
I have already planned at least two social outings this coming weekend, and am coordinating with people to build in more regular ones.
When completing tasks around the apartment, make sure to clean up completely afterward.

Diet and routine went off the rails while at the house.
Put off law school stuff toward the end of the day.

I have outlined a minimum bodyweight workout that I can do anywhere, which will allow me to check the gym box, signalling to me that my day has actually started.
Afternoon law school check-ins have been requested and have helped significantly.

- People: interruptions throughout the day where I become complicit and engage, rather than focusing on the task at hand.  Work lunches with visitors all week.
- Events:  D&D on Sunday afternoon
- Scheduling Conflicts: None at the moment
- Deadlines: a search report discussion on Wednesday, and a patent application on Friday.
- Personal: wanting to skip meditation because I already feel great in the morning.

I have been locking my phone or keeping it face down for extended durations, and will be increasing the length of those.  I have already been to one lunch and ate keto.  The coworker planning them is attentive to my diet, which makes things easier.  I have to attend a lunch meeting and I will attend a second team lunch on Thursday and do the same.  In each case, a have a late breakfast of half a keto shake about an hour before the meal which tanks my appetite, making it much easier to resist temptation.
I always bring keto snacks to D&D so I don't have to resist.
Both the report and application are coming along smoothly; I am getting better about reaching substantial completion on a stage, getting feedback, and moving forward.
I make sure to start my morning routine each day, which starts easily enough, but includes meditation. I hate lying, even if it's a checkmark on an app.

Peyton: 0630 Friday
Gethen: TBD
View user profile

on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:23 am

For the most part did well with diet, got a lot of studying done and good chunk of school stuff, got recovered after NOLA pretty well, weight starting to creep back down again.

Stick with diet by packing lunches and snacks, prepping food in advance (done already at this point), and do new food meditations in Studio if I feel myself stressing/craving about food.
Keep going to yoga, stay on top of emails.

Exercised I think 4 times instead of 6. There also probably could've been more sex.
-Take advantage of small time windows to do 5 or 10-minute interval sets or a 10-minute run. That's at least something, even if it's not a full workout.
-Work on positive self-talk, cultivating personal sexiness and self-love. This involves: regular exercise, forcing a few minutes of positive mirror time per day, and taking a few minutes to consider what I need from my day before saying "yes" to any unplanned activities or favors.

- People- Same one from last week on AA admin, since the meeting got postponed to today. Need to coordinate between practicum advisor and academic advisor on getting my practicum contract and objectives approved. Working with Peyt on getting daily routine and the apartment back in full order. Staying patient with Lyla.

- Events- Step CS (done), culinary medicine- carbs are a part of each week's lesson, but they're generally going to be whole grain or legumes. I am ok with this being incorporated into my week's eating, as long as any carb component is eaten in small amounts. Will adjust cycle goals accordingly.

- Scheduling Conflicts- Step CS during 2 classes on Monday. Already took care of missing culinary by going to other section last night, which required me to miss another class, which I still need to catch up on reading for. Practicum starts this Friday, so I will not be going to Austin this weekend with Peyt.

- Deadlines- practicum documents done by 3:00 today (self-imposed), CITI research cert done by EOD Thursday (self-imposed), usual weekly assignments for class, bigger article critique and group paper draft 1 due next Tuesday so on my radar.

- Personal- staying mindful of mood, having Peyt lock my phone down, no phone in bed, which I've gotten in the habit of doing the past few days.

Meditation, putting things away as I use them, taking the 2 minutes to do small tasks that build up into chaos. YOGA. 1-mile runs when I don't feel like exercising.

Geth- Friday 4PM
Peyt- N/A
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum