Go down
Admin
View user profilehttp://dopetribe.forumotion.com

Week 1 Review

on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:55 pm
Please Post BOTH here and in your journal

Where did I go right this week?

How can I apply this to the coming week?

Where did I come up short this week?
How will I prevent this in the coming week? (note, there must be a strategy in play "I just won't do it again" or similar answers do not count)

What obstacles will I be facing next week?
- People
- Events
- Scheduling Conflicts
- Deadlines
- Personal

What do I plan on doing to address the obstacles?

When are partner phone calls this week?

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

Re: Week 1 Review

on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:21 pm
I ate according to plan until the NOLA trip, did yoga at least twice, and got some kickass things accomplished for school and associated activities.

Keep making to do lists and doing the things on them, forcing my way through the tasks I don't enjoy.

Ate a LOT in New Orleans, like with excessive excess. Also, after forgetting about my no extra bread rule the first night, I remembered it, but decided to disregard it.
How will I prevent this in the coming week? (note, there must be a strategy in play "I just won't do it again" or similar answers do not count)
-Calorie count app
-Going through a mindfulness exercise while eating
-Fortunately, none of the things I would currently be tempted to binge on are in the house.

- People- meeting with my org advising team. The administrative assistant is a very sweet person, but tends to talk excessively and doesn't have a lot of depth of thought, and I need to remember she's just a person operating the way she knows how.
- Events- Step 2 CS is next Monday. SHeeeit need to practice my physical exam and differential diagnosis skills.
- Scheduling Conflicts- None that I know of.
- Deadlines- usual weekly assignments.
- Personal- making sure I exercise despite the coldness. Also taking time to read through all of my RHETI results and process, and take the time to think through how to IRL use them to my advantage and do preventive maintenance on the weaknesses.

-Mindful breathing/detachment during meeting, with short kindness meditation beforehand
-Practicing H/Ps with Peyt starting tomorrow
-Scheduling practice with my friend by texting her right after I finish this post

Gethen- Friday 11A
Peyton- I'll see if he wants to schedule dedicated life discussion time for sometime tomorrow or Friday. Since we got today at home with all the ice, we've gotten to have some quality talks already.
View user profile

on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:50 pm
Admin wrote:
– when I followed my routine I was exceptionally productive. I also did a solid job of reaching out to my partners when I was struggling.

– Respecting the sanctity of the routine is of paramount importance to me I think. I'm going to make sure to carry out the routine, no exceptions.

– I underestimated the impact of going on a vacation that revolved around alcohol and food. This threw everything off. My sleep also went to hell, which I believe also threw everything off. In short, I created the perfect environment for me to spiral out of control.

– I am back home, my partner is respectful of my routine, and I have the routine specifically tailored to my schedule this week.

- People: There will be people eating junk food at the tutoring facility where I work, as well as people who are feeling bad about falling off of their New Year's resolution, who want to drag other people down with them.

- Events: Food-based events at work

- Scheduling Conflicts: all of these have been addressed, but the biggest conflict is helping Claire prepare for her major exam, and preparing for my CLEP exams

- Deadlines: ideally I would like to be prepared for the clip exams within two weeks, and I have the jiujitsu tournament coming up.

- Personal: Making sure to keep the relationship fun while still being productive. Productivity is not worth it if you are sacrificing enjoying life.

Events and people: speak with partners, be cognizant of the issue before it arises, pack food and use appetite suppressant's. Scheduling conflict has been dealt with by doing a lookahead with my partner. Deadlines have been partially addressed by scheduling using the calendar with time specifically dedicated to both exam study and tournament preparation. Personal will be addressed with a daily check in with my partner, which is now scheduled for noon.

Tomorrow at 1300 CST
the other is already done
View user profile

on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:23 am
For week 1

Routines and work were very solid, as well as reaching out to partners both to check in and request help.

Continue to keep frequent contact with partners, as well as maintaining solid sleep.

Did not reach out more frequently at the house.
Gave myself license to continue consuming carbs in excess, both in volume and duration, beyond any legitimate justification.
Did not have a structure in place to address mornings without a gym session.
Even when eating was good, portions were still not addressed.

How will I prevent this in the coming week?
If I am not sleeping at my apartment (e.g. business trips/las brisas/Belton/etc.), increase frequency of sending status updates to partners, which will address the first two, as licensing stops once it is publicly acknowledged.
Put together a bare minimum bodyweight routine to ensure that the gym box can always be checked and keep my momentum going.
Meal Prep.

- People
May be having a friend in town this weekend, which will increase temptation to not stick to routines.

- Events
All events tentatively schedule are active and don't revolve around eating or drinking.

- Scheduling Conflicts
None

- Deadlines
Monday was a deadline for an application and that definitely contributed some to the eating. One response deadline is today, but the work is already done.

- Personal
Getting back into ketosis yesterday and today. Yesterday wasn't as bad as expected, and I'm hoping today is similar.

I have proactively scheduled several positive activities as discussed above to keep us out and about, as well as tired enough to get sleep.
I am in frequent contact with partners regarding cravings and chewing a lot of gum.

Peyton: Friday, 7AM CST
Gethen: Friday, TBD
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum