Sleep quality: 9.
Good day so far with Beth and Peyt.

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

Re: Claire Cycle 2

on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:03 am
Morning day 28

Sleep quality: 10.
Late bedtime last night after Borns concert, then slept like a rock. I'm feeling good about the weekend's food situation, even though I split a blondie with Beth after dinner last night. I guess because it was a moderate amount, single occurrence of enjoying something unhealthy, rather than spending the entire weekend eating like shite, and I went into it mindfully, it wasn't accompanied by any frenzied cravings or a dopamine rush.
Looking forward to getting my exercise targets back under me this week. Earlier this week, saw some progress with weight, then saw it re-increase the last couple of days, so that's a little discouraging, but not too surprising considering the infrequent exercise and the inconsistent calorie counting.

Last edited by m.claire on Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

on Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:50 am

Day 28/42
1. Slow carb-inspired diet √
2. Exercise √
3. Meditation √
4. Reframe/gratitude- no
6. Daily morning and evening routine- no
7. YNAB- no
Check in with Partner 1 (Peyton): no
Check in with Partner 2 (Gethen): yes

Optional Prompts:

- What is something that I'm proud of having done today
Yoga
View user profile

on Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:53 am
Morning day 29/42

Sleep quality- 8.
Got to bed in time to get close to 7 hours, but definitely should've taken care of the last of my lit review earlier.
Ready for today, going to the apartment office or leaving the house should help with distractibility.
View user profile

on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:14 pm

Day 29/42
2. Exercise- rest day
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude/reframing √
6. Daily morning and evening routine √
7. YNAB- no purchases
Check in with Partner 1 (Peyton):
Check in with Partner 2 (Gethen):

Optional Prompts:

- What is one small thing that I am grateful for today?
Star Wars Thrawn trilogy audiobooks
View user profile

on Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:38 am
Morning Day 30/42

Sleep quality: 8.
Had a hard time getting fully awake this morning, started the day feeling a little moody but settling out.
View user profile

on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:18 pm
Day 30/42
2. Exercise- √- 1/6, 1/4
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude/reframing √
7. YNAB- no purchases
Check in with Partner 1 (Peyton): yes

Optional Prompts:

- What is one small thing that I am grateful for today?
Peyton,  the cat and his fuzzy cheeky self, greeting me by yowling about needing a third dinner.
View user profile

on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:36 am
Morning Day 31/42

Sleep quality: 8.
Need to get the phone back out of bed, I stayed up 30 minutes after we went to bed answering texts and looking at facebook (also need to have Peyton re-block that).
Very sleepy waking up again this morning, but it feels good to be awake and starting the day. I do need to re-break the habit of lingering in bed for a few minutes, it's throwing off Peyt's morning. Or plan for it specifically in the routine...both of which honestly feel a little uptight at the moment, but I do know in the past my own mornings have been better and more productive when I get up right away.
Crazy that we're already a full month in! I've been feeling a little frustrated with how slowly the weight loss is getting re-started after Xmas/NOLA/not being attentive to calorie intake for a while, but consistency has worked in the past, and if i'm not being consistent, I'm not going to see the same results.
View user profile

on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:53 pm
[quote="m.claire"]Let's do this.

Day 31/42
1. Slow carb-inspired diet ...almost. Got served hot, soft chewy pita bread with my salad at dinner and took 2 bites.
2. Exercise- no
3. Meditation √
4/5. Reframe √
7. YNAB
Check in with Partner 2 (Gethen): no

Optional Prompts:
- What is one thing that I can do in the future to mitigate or eliminate one challenge that I encountered today
Exercise earlier in the day.
View user profile

on Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:27 am
Morning day 32/42
Sleep quality: 9.
Super sleep inertia this morning, probably due to the benadryl.
View user profile

on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:23 am

Day 32/42
2. Exercise- √
3. Meditation √
4/5. Reframe √
7. YNAB- no

The day was solid and productive, started stress eating during the evening after I couldn't find my step 1 score report PDF and had to pay $70 to have it mailed to me in hard copy. I at least stayed keto though. Lots of good things currently going on- class, thought-provoking writing assignments/research papers, applying to away rotations for next year, getting CV and other stuff ready for residency apps, doing my practicum research, planning exciting Match week event for the alumni assocaition, planning ED shadowing to start reintegrating into medicine- but holy crap it's a lot. I'm not sure if I've ever had this many irons in the fire. Deep breaths, keep exercising, keep making lists.
View user profile

on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:37 am
Morning Day 35/42

Sleep quality- 6. Still feeling good this morning though.

Ok, this weekend overall was good. Struggled with routine and work burnout/feeling the need to act out in some way on Saturday, but resolved it yesterday. Super proud of Peyt for competing yesterday, and also feeling super inspired to reach my fitness goals after seeing hundreds of very fit people all hanging out in one place.
In general, I feel like fitness motivation is back to levels that are conducive to success, and I'm glad that I'll be taking that away from this cycle, even if that's the only thing.
I also think I'm going to go back to more reflective journal entries as a baseline, it helps me process thoughts and reactions/emotions and usually helps me get perspective back when I've lost it.
Last night was a big cheat meal with Peyt's grandparents, and I definitely ate a lot and had a hefty serving of dessert, but I think I ate less than I might've in the past, and especially less than I would've if I hadn't taken a serving of soluble fiber before going over. Up about 5lb from yesterday, but that's ok. Mentality is back where it needs to be.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum