3. Meditation- no
4. Gratitude- no
5. Reframing- no
6. Daily morning and evening routine- no
7. YNAB- no purchases
Check in with Partner 1 (Peyton): yes
Check in with Partner 2 (Gethen): yes

Optional Prompts:
- What is one small thing I'm grateful for today?
The fact that I have people in my life who are awesome enough to volunteer to be my standardized patient.
View user profile

Re: Claire Cycle 2

on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:22 am
Morning Day 14/42

Sleep quality: 8.
Some nebulous anxiety about the next couple days settled in during sleep- board exam tomorrow that I'll need to spend most of today reviewing for, but also need to get at least some reading done for class so I don't get behind, the apartment needs cleaning, we need groceries, I need exercise. Did a couple of great meditations earlier and I feel more centered, just a lot to do, which has never killed me before.
View user profile

on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:44 pm

Day 14/42
1. Slow carb-inspired diet✅
2. Exercise✅
3. Meditation✅
4. Gratitude✅
5. Reframing✅
7. YNAB- no
Check in with Partner 2 (Gethen): yes though just once

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:03 pm
Late morning post-
Sleep quality: 6. Felt pretty tired waking up, but able to snap into get ready/test mode.

Day 15/42
1. Slow carb-inspired diet- no. Ate carbs at test day lunch.
2. Exercise- no
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude √
5. Reframing √
7. YNAB- no purchases
Check in with Partner 1 (Peyton): ish

Optional Prompts:
- What is one small thing that I am grateful for today?
DONE WITH STEP 2 CS YAYYYYY. 2/3 of the way through MD licensing, provided I passed it.
View user profile

on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:18 am
Morning Day 16/42

Headachey but took sudafed, lots of things to do this morning. I'll be glad when I've caught up fully on class work.
View user profile

Claire Cycle 2

on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:51 pm
Day 16/42 1. Slow carb-inspired diet- no- small amount of bread at culinary med class. Also 5 m&ms. 2. Exercise- also no. Not super pleased. 3. Meditation ✅ 4. Gratitude- no 5. Reframing- no 6. Daily morning and evening routine- no 7. YNAB✅ Check in with Partner 1 (Peyton): yes Check in with Partner 2 (Gethen): yes Optional Prompts: - What is one thing that I can do in the future to mitigate or eliminate one challenge that I encountered today - I think the biggest unplanned time sink today wound up being catching up with a couple of med school friends- one was going through some tough stuff and we met up, the other I bumped into when I was almost to the train and took a 30-minute detour. Hard because I really wanted to talk to both of them, but losing that time was the reason I had to choose between some quick exercise and putting a bigger dent in school/practicum work, and the latter felt more pressing. In the future I think I’ll stick to the planned encounter, then say hi and schedule a near-future planned hangout with the one I bumped into, and continue with my day. Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:46 am
Morning day 17/42

Sleep quality- 6.
Not too bad. Had a hard time getting to sleep after looking at my phone in bed, then woke up with a ton of sleep inertia, but I think the sleep itself was moderately high quality. Some tension in the home environment this morning- my last few days have been thrown off a little by the testing prep and catch up, and Peyt's felt like he's been trying to keep things from derailing without any help from me, so going to tighten up today. Feeling a little combative, not sure if just because I'm readjusting or because the day started with urgency/tension right after I had a hard time waking up. I'll meditate at intervals today if possible.
View user profile

on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:24 am
Where did I go right this week?
For the most part did well with diet, got a lot of studying done and good chunk of school stuff, got recovered after NOLA pretty well, weight starting to creep back down again.

How can I apply this to the coming week?
Stick with diet by packing lunches and snacks, prepping food in advance (done already at this point), and do new food meditations in Studio if I feel myself stressing/craving about food.
Keep going to yoga, stay on top of emails.

Where did I come up short this week?
Exercised I think 4 times instead of 6. There also probably could've been more sex.
How will I prevent this in the coming week? (note, there must be a strategy in play "I just won't do it again" or similar answers do not count)
-Take advantage of small time windows to do 5 or 10-minute interval sets or a 10-minute run. That's at least something, even if it's not a full workout.
-Work on positive self-talk, cultivating personal sexiness and self-love. This involves: regular exercise, forcing a few minutes of positive mirror time per day, and taking a few minutes to consider what I need from my day before saying "yes" to any unplanned activities or favors.

What obstacles will I be facing next week?
- People- Same one from last week on AA admin, since the meeting got postponed to today. Need to coordinate between practicum advisor and academic advisor on getting my practicum contract and objectives approved. Working with Peyt on getting daily routine and the apartment back in full order. Staying patient with Lyla.

- Events- Step CS (done), culinary medicine- carbs are a part of each week's lesson, but they're generally going to be whole grain or legumes. I am ok with this being incorporated into my week's eating, as long as any carb component is eaten in small amounts. Will adjust cycle goals accordingly.

- Scheduling Conflicts- Step CS during 2 classes on Monday. Already took care of missing culinary by going to other section last night, which required me to miss another class, which I still need to catch up on reading for. Practicum starts this Friday, so I will not be going to Austin this weekend with Peyt.

- Deadlines- practicum documents done by 3:00 today (self-imposed), CITI research cert done by EOD Thursday (self-imposed), usual weekly assignments for class, bigger article critique and group paper draft 1 due next Tuesday so on my radar.

- Personal- staying mindful of mood, having Peyt lock my phone down, no phone in bed, which I've gotten in the habit of doing the past few days.

What do I plan on doing to address the obstacles?
Meditation, putting things away as I use them, taking the 2 minutes to do small tasks that build up into chaos. YOGA. 1-mile runs when I don't feel like exercising.

When are partner phone calls this week?
Geth- Friday 4PM
Peyt- N/A
View user profile

on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:12 am
Ack, late post.

Day 17/42
1. Slow carb-inspired diet √
2. Exercise √
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude √
5. Reframing √
6. Daily morning and evening routine √ish
7. YNAB √
Check in with Partner 1 (Peyton): √
Check in with Partner 2 (Gethen): √
View user profile

on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:13 am
Morning day 18/42

Sleep quality: 9.
I'm glad it's almost the weekend. Hopefully going to get lots of cleaning and writing done, and hang out with friends.
View user profile

on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:34 am
[quote="m.claire"]Let's do this.

Day 18/42
2. Exercise √
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude- no
5. Reframing √
7. YNAB √
Check in with Partner 2 (Gethen): √

Optional Prompts:
- What is one thing that I can do in the future to mitigate or eliminate one challenge that I encountered today
Gah the forgetting night posts has to stop. Adjusting routines to make them less daunting and more realistic is on my list for today.
View user profile

on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:06 am
Morning Day 19/42

Weird sleep, Peyt woke up at 3 to leave town, I couldn't get back to sleep for another 2 hours after that, but unfortunately sat wasting time when I could've gotten up and done something useful. Woke up at 7:30, stayed in bed for a while after that. So the day is not off to the strongest start, but I'm feeling solid about life and going to do a lot of reflecting/planning this morning.

Overall, looking forward to making the next few days active and productive. I think it'll be good to have some re-centering time to myself, and also avoid having to deal with the triggers of Shelly's house so soon after getting back on top of things.
View user profile

on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:31 pm
Day 19/42

2. Exercise √
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude- no
5. Reframing- no
6. Daily morning and evening routine- morning √
7. YNAB - no purchases
View user profile

on Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:44 am
Morning Day 20/42

Sleep quality: 9.
Woke up with some kind of achey nasal drip bug, going to take it easy today and spend most of it hanging out on a soft piece of furniture and doing my writing assignment that's due tomorrow.
View user profile

on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:59 pm

Day 20/42
1. Slow carb-inspired diet- no. Had some oatmeal to try and give the sick metabolism an easy energy boost
2. Exercise- no
3. Meditation- no
4. Gratitude -no
5. Reframing- on
6. Daily morning and evening routine √
7. YNAB √
Check in with Partner 1 (Peyton): ish
Check in with Partner 2 (Gethen): ish

Nyquil brain. good night.
View user profile

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:29 pm
Morning day 21/42

I realize I am not writing this post in the morning, but I did think this morning about what I was going to write in a morning post, which is that my sleep quality was a 10.
Started the day extremely keyed up and overwhelmed, but managed to get it under control with some help from Peyt, and got productive.
View user profile

on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:36 pm
Day 21/42
2. Exercise- no
3. Meditation- no
4. Gratitude- no
5. Reframing- yes
7. YNAB √

Optional Prompts:
- What is one small thing I'm grateful for today?
Savory food. Especially bacon.
View user profile

on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:54 am
Morning Day 22

Sleep quality: 4.
Woke up at like 2AM and was awake for the better part of 2 hours, no idea why. Tried meditating and body scans, reset breathing etc- guess it just wasn't in the cards. Despite that, doing well this morning, I lingered in bed for a few minutes but I'm glad I decided to get up. At first I was feeling overwhelmed by a busy day, but after some reframing and breaking down into mental chunks, I'm looking forward to it. The one thing I haven't done is decide where to fit exercise in. Thinking of interrupting the routine and just going for a short run with Manny after I post, the other option is sometime between 10 and noon.
View user profile

on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:27 pm
Day 22/42
1. Slow carb-inspired diet- no
2. Exercise- ish. Did a little bit of yoga this morning, practiced crow and wall handstands.
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude √
5. Reframing √
6. Daily morning and evening routine- morning yes, evening no
7. YNAB √

Optional Prompts:
- What is something that I'm proud of having done today?
Mainly just pushed through it to the end and stayed productive.
I went a little crazy on the carb components of our culinary med food- not binge levels by any means, but the dopamine was surging as I was eating that last bite of granola and cherry smoothie. And I just did some stress eating at home rather than go to sleep, like I know I need to. I did stay productive and work on school stuff until the stress eating after arriving home, and am about to sleep after I post this.
Potential strategies for culinary medicine:
-keep slow carb rules while there
OR
-always get in the back of the food line so that selection is smaller (the carb elements are always everybody else's favorites)
-If there are multiple carb items to choose from, choose one only
-never stay for leftovers cleanup again
View user profile

on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:01 pm
Morning Day 23/42

Went to bed later than I should have, and had a hard time slowing my brain down even though I was tired. The day has been going well so far, though! Just need to push through the work for immediate deadlines today, and then at least I can work incrementally again.
View user profile

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:37 pm

Day 24/42
1. Slow carb-inspired diet- yes
2. Exercise- yes
3. Meditation- yes
4. Gratitude- yes
5. Reframing- yes
7. YNAB- yes but missed one purchase looking back

Optional Prompts:

- What would I like to improve on tomorrow
Start the day more focused and structured, stick to my plan moving through the day

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:28 am
Morning Day 25

No complaints. Ready to get a good chunk of stuff done today.
View user profile

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:38 pm

Day 25/42
2. Exercise √
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude √
5. Reframing √
6. Daily morning and evening routine- evening yes, got some revamping done
7. YNAB √
Check in with Partner 2 (Gethen): no, sorry

- What is one small thing that I am grateful for today?
Yoga, tasty food, clean sheets.
View user profile

on Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:30 am
Morning 26/42

After doing some planning and routine re-working last night, I'm feeling much less like life is dragging me along in its dust. Everything won't happen in one day of course, but I have a much more solid plan for getting all my stuff done over time.
View user profile

on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:20 pm

Day 26/42
1. Slow carb-inspired diet ✅
2. Exercise-  no
3. Meditation ✅
4. Gratitude
5. Reframing

4. Combining ^ these into one reframe session that may or may not inspire gratitude ✅
6. Daily morning and evening routine ✅
7. YNAB - no
Check in with Partner 2 (Gethen): no

Optional Prompts:

- What is something that I'm proud of having done today
Gotten work done, and asked a friend lots of questions about residency applications

Sent from Topic'it App

Last edited by m.claire on Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum