on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:52 pm
Let's do this.

Day 0/42
1. Slow carb-inspired diet
2. Exercise
3. Meditation
4. Gratitude
5. Reframing

4. Combining ^ these into one reframe session that may or may not inspire gratitude
6. Daily morning and evening routine
7. YNAB
Check in with Partner 1 (Peyton):
Check in with Partner 2 (Gethen):

Optional Prompts:
- What is one thing that I can do in the future to mitigate or eliminate one challenge that I encountered today
- What is one small thing that I am grateful for today?
- What is one positive thing that happened during your day?
- What is something that I'm proud of having done today
- What would I like to improve on tomorrow

Last edited by m.claire on Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:32 am; edited 4 times in total
View user profile

Re: Claire Cycle 2

on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:02 pm
1. Slow carb-ish- No carbs except veggies and pulses, and one Kind bar a week for any last-minute food situation that might pop up. Keto-friendly dairy is allowed. Alcohol must be red wine, hard liquor, or hard liquor with no-carb mixers.
2. Exercise- 6 total times per week, 4 of which should be yoga or other class.
3. Meditation- At least 10 minutes daily.
4. Gratitude- 5 minutes daily, with either pen and paper or typing on phone/computer. A timer will be used.
5. Reframing- At least once daily, 5 minutes for each occurrence. Can be written or dedicated thinking time. A timer will be used.
6. Morning/evening routine- Use the routinist app to create lists for mandatory morning and evening tasks, and check the lists off daily.
7. YNAB- log all purchases in app, reconcile accounts and pay bills every Sunday.

Time that you will check in with Peyton- 13:00, 19:00
Time that you will check in with Gethen- 14:30, 19:00

Last edited by m.claire on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:51 am
Morning, Day 1/42

Sleep Quality: 8
Feeling pretty tense about the things I need to get on top of today, woke up with a big pit of dread in my stomach. Meditation helped a little, going to break tasks down visually after morning routine is done.

To do:
Email reminder to panelists
Email culinary med prof about CS
Study for CS
Meeting with co-pres
Complete HC internship app
Email at least one venue person for ceremony thing
Find pet boarding for this weekend
Order cat feeder
View user profile

on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:13 pm
Day 1/42
1. Slow carb diet √
2. Exercise- no
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude √
5. Reframing √
6. Daily morning and evening routine- half √, didn't update the evening routine from the break, so it's a little off
7. YNAB √
Check in with Partner 1 (Peyton): y
Check in with Partner 2 (Gethen): y

Optional Prompts:
- What is one positive thing that happened during your day? I reframed and got productive about all the slacking I did during the last three weeks. Lesson learned, not to be repeated. Grateful that I should be able to scrape by with minimum loss of total momentum. At this point in my life, people and projects now depend on me staying in active kill mode, even while on vacation.
View user profile

on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:18 am
Morning, Day 2/42

Sleep quality: 5. Lots of tossing and turning, sleep didn't feel super deep.

Feeling much better about today than yesterday. Everything on yesterday's list got done except finishing the application, but I did make a good chunk of progress on it. This morning has been good so far, no nap even though Peyt went to jiu jitsu. Planning for one later this morning, or this afternoon between class.
View user profile

on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:34 pm
Day 2/42
1. Slow carb-inspired diet √
2. Exercise- no
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude √
5. Reframing √
6. Daily morning and evening routine- half √ again, made updated evening list and will enter it in app in AM.
7. YNAB- √ (no purchases)
Check in with Partner 1 (Peyton): yes
Check in with Partner 2 (Gethen): yes

Optional Prompts:
- What is one small thing that I am grateful for today? My Darn Toughs wool socks. They are so soft and cushy and comfortable, antimicrobial, and fit under loose jeans and over tight ones for boots. They are perfect.
View user profile

on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:07 am
Morning Day 3/42

Sleep quality: 3. Lots of waking up and shifting around again. This morning I felt very awake and ready to go, though.

Feeling a little tense about the fact that I won't be able to make this event happen for the alumni association, or at least not the way I was planning on, since floating lanterns are illegal. It'll work out of course, I'm just not sure how.
View user profile

on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:48 pm

Day 3/42
2. Exercise √
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude √
5. Reframing- brief, untimed bit of reframing with Peyt this evening
6. Daily morning and evening routine √
7. YNAB √

My own optional prompt:
What all have I accomplished today?
-Woke up on time with no complaining
-Mostly followed morning routine
-Had a productive conversation with Peyt about routine that was uncomfortable but went positively
-Left on time
-Had a very positive and successful meeting with my now practicum project mentor
-Emailed her with follow-up
-Emailed academic advisor for approval of project, scheduled meeting
-Read most of one article for quality management class
-Caught up with a couple of med school classmates
-Met with alumni association advisors
-Made headway with planning event, came up with some ideas
-Solidified details for q/a panel tomorrow
-Successfully avoided paying for any parking
-Helped Peyt plan Disney trip
-Went to hot yoga
-Got some basic cleaning done

Going to use this list to prioritize class reading and Step 2 studying tomorrow. Let it be known that my goal is to do 2 practice patient scenarios before leaving for NOLA this weekend, either tomorrow, Friday, or both.
View user profile

on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:56 am
Morning, Day 4/42

Sleep quality- 9.

I don't remember any of the night besides having to wake up with a painfully full bladder at 2ish. I finally got real exercise last night for the first time in about a week, and I actually think that's what made the difference. Pretty cool. During my chill coffee time earlier, I did a little bit of reading through everyone else's journals. It's pretty motivating to see people being active about their challenges and maintaining positivity through struggles, and I feel very ready to tackle my day.
View user profile

on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:27 pm
Day 4/42
2. Exercise √
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude √
5. Reframing √
6. Daily morning and evening routine- morning yes, evening no.
7. YNAB √

Optional Prompts:
- What is one thing that I can do in the future to mitigate or eliminate one challenge that I encountered today
Proceed with my routine items even if Peyton deviates from his- almost missed posting here, and just wasted about 10 minutes browsing Facebook beforehand. Need to make adjusted routine lists for the trip nights, putting that on the to do list.

My Ugg boots. They are my magic foot-warming cure and they're going to save my life this weekend in New Orleans. I can't wait to spray them with suede protectant tomorrow and make them happy and water resistant.
View user profile

on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 am
Morning, Day 5/42

Sleep quality- 9.

Went to bed later last night and woke up at 6:30, since no obligations today beyond getting ready for the NOLA trip. I was able to do the most vital parts of my evening routine last night before going to sleep and wound up setting us both up for a very productive morning, which is awesome! Packing and cleaning now, excited for the day and taking the routine on the trip. I actually don't feel the pit of dread in my stomach about approaching inevitable loss of control knowing that I'm taking daily structure with me, which is really nice.

Last edited by m.claire on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:28 am
Day 5/42
1. Slow carb-inspired diet- no, but NOLA trip started.
2. Exercise- no
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude √
5. Reframing √
6. Daily morning and evening routine- half yes, morning was fairly true to routine.
7. YNAB √
View user profile

on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:53 am
Morning day 6/42

Sleep quality: 3. Woke up several times needing to empty my bladder and drink water. Nevertheless, woke up easily and was ready to seize the day.

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:43 am

Day 6/42
1. Slow carb-inspired diet- no
2. Exercise- no, unless walking at a leisurely pace counts...
3. Meditation ✅
4. Gratitude ✅
5. Reframing ✅
6. Daily morning and evening routine ✅ish
7. YNAB ✅
Check in with Partner 2 (Gethen): yes, though only once I think

Optional Prompts:
The bedtime noise maker. It’s become like a psychological sleep button.

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:15 pm
Day 8/42
2. Exercise- no
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude- no
5. Reframing √
6. Daily morning and evening routine- no
7. YNAB √

Optional Prompts:
I made two delicious new keto recipes for the week's food.
Tonight went a little off plan. We both planned on bed at 8:30, since I got very little sleep and a moderate amount of alcohol last night. I'd neglected to realize that my culinary medicine make-up session for the class I have to miss next week was going to be tomorrow night and that pre-start assignments were due tomorrow. Also forgot about reading assignments and pre-lecture questions for 10:00 lecture. Got culinary med stuff done, about to evaluate length of readings and questions and tackle those tomorrow morning. It is no longer 8:30, but tomorrow will still be a great day.
View user profile

on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:02 am
Morning day 9/42

Sleep quality: 5.
Woke up in a massive hot flash at one point and sweated through my clothes and the sheets. Other than that, I think sleep was pretty good.
View user profile

on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:16 pm

Day 9/42
2. Exercise- no
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude- no
5. Reframing √
6. Daily morning and evening routine- evening √, morning no
7. YNAB √

Optional Prompts:
- What would I like to improve on tomorrow?
Doing my complete morning routine and evening routine, going for a walk in the morning, doing either yoga or intervals later in the day.
View user profile

on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:07 am
Morning day 10/42

Sleep quality: 9
Got woken up by Manny, who was clicking around on the hard floor at about 3:45.
Morning is going moderately well so far. I'm working with hormone brain again today, so I'm trying to be hyper-aware of my perceptions and reactions. Things to watch out for- extra short fuse, getting wrapped up in feeling overwhelmed about everything I have to do for med school the next few months, taking baseless anger out on Peyt, generally wanting to deal with things by crawling into a hole and sleeping until they go away.
View user profile

on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:55 pm

Day 10/42
2. Exercise √- 1/4 yoga
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude √
5. Reframing- no
6. Daily morning and evening routine √
7. YNAB- no purchases

Optional Prompts:
I was able to push through the morning's angst and brain fog basically by just following the routine steps and not thinking much, then by the time I actually needed to engage my brain, everything had settled out to manageable, then I eventually got to ideal and was able to get a lot of things done.

Additional comments:
Yoga felt really good tonight. I was able to release some of the mental heaviness I feel like I've been hanging onto since mid-December after Beth's wedding. I haven't fully gotten back my sense of vitality, but I feel myself headed there gradually. It'll be nice to see weight settle out again, I can feel the additional bulk in my daily movements and it's no fun. At some point I'd like to do a long think-through of the last month, why I felt like I couldn't resist falling off my wagon during the holidays, how the mindset cracked before that and why I didn't fix it, etc. I still feel like I'm going to be trapped forever in the cycle of high up and way down (in terms of weight, mindset, productivity, health, moderation- basically everything super positive that requires effort.), and even if I reach my goal weight/goal yoga condition/goal whatever, I'll inevitably cave again and lose all the progress. So that's obviously not a productive line of thought, but it's one that's pretty deeply engrained as one of those things where it's the worst fear but still an option, which makes it even scarier...idk. Tonight isn't the time to think further into it, though.
View user profile

on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:57 am
Morning Day 11/42

Sleep quality: 10. No waking up at all last night, though I felt pretty groggy waking up and momentum was pretty slow to build up.
Whoops, just realized I never actually hit "send" earlier.
View user profile

on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:16 pm
Late week 1 review:

Where did I go right this week?
I ate according to plan until the NOLA trip, did yoga at least twice, and got some kickass things accomplished for school and associated activities.

How can I apply this to the coming week?
Keep making to do lists and doing the things on them, forcing my way through the tasks I don't enjoy.

Where did I come up short this week?
Ate a LOT in New Orleans, like with excessive excess. Also, after forgetting about my no extra bread rule the first night, I remembered it, but decided to disregard it.
How will I prevent this in the coming week? (note, there must be a strategy in play "I just won't do it again" or similar answers do not count)
-Calorie count app
-Going through a mindfulness exercise while eating
-Fortunately, none of the things I would currently be tempted to binge on are in the house.

What obstacles will I be facing next week?
- People- meeting with my org advising team. The administrative assistant is a very sweet person, but tends to talk excessively and doesn't have a lot of depth of thought, and I need to remember she's just a person operating the way she knows how.
- Events- Step 2 CS is next Monday. SHeeeit need to practice my physical exam and differential diagnosis skills.
- Scheduling Conflicts- None that I know of.
- Deadlines- usual weekly assignments.
- Personal- making sure I exercise despite the coldness. Also taking time to read through all of my RHETI results and process, and take the time to think through how to IRL use them to my advantage and do preventive maintenance on the weaknesses.

What do I plan on doing to address the obstacles?
-Mindful breathing/detachment during meeting, with short kindness meditation beforehand
-Practicing H/Ps with Peyt starting tomorrow
-Scheduling practice with my friend by texting her right after I finish this post

When are partner phone calls this week?
Gethen- Friday 11A
Peyton- I'll see if he wants to schedule dedicated life discussion time for sometime tomorrow or Friday. Since we got today at home with all the ice, we've gotten to have some quality talks already.
View user profile

on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:25 pm

Day 11/42
2. Exercise √- 2/4 yoga
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude √
5. Reframing- √
6. Daily morning and evening routine √ morning only
7. YNAB- no purchases

View user profile

on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:23 am
Morning day 12/42

Sleep quality: 10, bitches. That was a truly luxurious and rejuvenating night of sleep. I took another short nap after waking up the first time, but I don't feel like it detracted from the start of my day. Added bonus of cuddle time with Manny. Ready to go forth and kill today.
View user profile

on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:51 am
Day 12/42
2. Exercise √ yoga 3/4
3. Meditation √
4. Gratitude √
5. Reframing √
6. Daily morning and evening routine- no
7. YNAB- no purchases

Optional Prompts:
Force myself back into routine/real life after watching an unsettling movie.

Last edited by m.claire on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:54 am
Morning Day 13/42

Sleep quality: 8.
We watched Sicario last night, which was an awesome movie and I'm glad I saw it, but I always get pretty shaken up after exposure to a big dose of physical inter-human violence and cruelty. Completely forgot about posting and then had a hard time falling asleep, but once I did, it was pretty good quality. I think snapping myself back into routine and real life things before sleeping would be healthy. Peyton also makes the good point that we haven't established Friday evening routines, or Saturday/Sunday night and morning routines.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum